David Beckham is one of the celebrities most rumoured to have had a hair transplant, with many assuming that he has undergone a procedure. Although the former Manchester United and England footballer has never admitted to it, his hair has appeared to become fuller in the past few years.
Here, we will explore whether or not David Beckham has had any procedures and, if so, what they may have been.
Has David Beckham had a hair transplant?
While there is no sure answer as to whether or not David Beckham has had a hair transplant, there are strong rumours that he has. In 2018, rumours started to circulate about a David Beckham hair transplant as paparazzi captured him with visibly thin hair. From this, experts suggested that he suffered from androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness), which is common in men and can be fixed with a hair transplant.
Hair transplants are becoming increasingly popular in the world of football, with many former and current footballers having undergone procedures. Crown Clinic has played a part in this ongoing trend, as Didi Hamann had his hairline restored at our Manchester Clinic. The former Liverpool and Manchester City footballer had 4,000 hairs transplanted into his temples and hairline.
Other footballers who have had hair transplants include Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane and Rob Holding. So, a David Beckham hair transplant wouldn’t be a surprise, especially due to his many modelling duties.
What procedures may he have had?
The former footballer likely underwent an FUE hair transplant. This treatment involves extracting hair from a donor area and applying it to a balding spot, providing a permanent solution to hair loss.
There are a few telltale signs that Beckham had an FUE hair transplant. These include:
- His once receding hairline suddenly became fuller and more dense. This suggests that a hair transplant took place.
- He has no scars. FUE treatment is the only one available that leaves minimal scarring. If he did have a transplant, this is the only likely option.
- FUE has a quick recovery time. This would check out considering the last photos of his thinning hairline and then new photographs after a brief period showing his fuller hair look.
Other celebrity procedures
Crown Clinic has helped several celebrities restore their hairlines. Here’s a list of the celebrities and what procedures they had done:
- Jack P Shepherd – The Coronation Street star had an FUE transplant. Follicles were removed individually from the back of his scalp and then replanted by Dr. Shahmalak in the balding areas around his temples and at the very front of his hairline.
- Dr. Christian Jessen – The TV doctor had 1,800 grafts transplanted via a procedure known as Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT).
- Calum Best – The son of Manchester United football legend George Best, came to the Crown Clinic for multiple hair transplants over the years.
How a Crown Clinic hair transplant can help you
There are also a number of other hair loss treatments available, if you are looking to thicken your hair.
Talk to us about your hair loss today with a consultation at Crown Clinic. We’ll walk you through the treatments on offer at our world-renowned clinic, performed by our highly regarded surgeon, Dr. Asim Shahmalak.
Contact us today for more information.